Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baseball Hall of Fame

Another long road trip today. Leaving Niagara Falls, it was back in the US and an early morning stop at the Batavia Bob Evans. There was a crabby old woman there that was the hostess. She was fine to me, but a Mennonite family game in with 12 people and she was a little moody with them.

Before hitting the road, it was one more drive past the falls to get a good look. At 6 AM there was no one on the road or at the falls - but it was still wet and cold. Since I wasn't going back to Sleepy Hollow, I didn't have to go all the way back down and across CT. Instead, it was Buffalo to Rochester, Syracuse and a stop around Utica where I went down to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame. $16.50 to tour the museum and it was enjoyable. Nice selection of equipment, old baseball cards, memorabilia and on top of that, the plaques. I spent about 1.5 hours before leaving. I was so hungry! The Cooperstown Diner was just down the road and I stopped for a bite to eat. The biggest hot dogs and hamburgers I have ever seen and the best milkshake I have had in my life!

Still the drive was long and I was glad to make it to Peabody, MA and check into the Homewood Suites!

No comments:

Post a Comment