Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Niagara Falls

Impressive! I wasn't sure what to expect with Niagara Falls. I figured it would be a tourist trap, but it was really cool. When I arrived yesterday, it was hard to see - the hotel had a great view of the falls from my room, but it was dark. Even though the falls were lit until midnight, I couldn't see the water leading to it, and from what I could see, it didn't look like that much. When I awoke and looked out the window, it was exciting. I really wanted to get down and explore!

I had plans to take the jet boat through the whirlpool, the Maid in the Mist and the Wind of the Caves - but unfortunately, it was too cold. I heard last week it was 60's-70's, but today it was only in the 50's. That was a high and it only went down from there. I am sure that I saw some snow from my room.

I did get down to the falls, taking the incline railway down to the falls. I bought the poncho and due to the weather, a hat from the gift shop. Just the mist walking along the sidewalk was so heavy, it felt like rain. I was so cold from that, there is no way I wanted to get beat down by wave after wave on the whirlpool boat. Afterwards, I needed to stop by the Starbucks for a warm drink!

Otherwise, I didn't leave the hotel. It was a very peaceful and relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment