Saturday, May 8, 2010

Billerica MA: Day One

The flight into MA was fairly smooth. No working entertainment system on the plane would have made it tough, but I had a few magazines as well as Book of Souls by Glenn Cooper to pass the time. Boston was overcast and rainy, which made for a little bumpy ride approaching the airport.

I picked up the rental car at Thrifty - a Ford Fusion. The new luggage filled the truck to capacity, which could cause issues in Germany. I am sure the trunk there will be smaller. What a rain on the way to the hotel! Definitely qualified as a gullywasher.

After a short stop at CVS, I made my way to the Homewood Suites in Billerica. I have stayed at this hotel probably a dozen times over the years. Nice, wooded area. Free internet, free breakfast and during the week a free manager's dinner. None of that this time as I am only here Saturday & Sunday. Good ole' room 325. I have been in this room multiple times, so it kind of feels like home away from home.

Dinner time and I ended up at the Naked Fish, which is just down the access road from Homewood Suites. I had the orange balsamic salmon with the mango salsa, the sweet potatoes with banana (sounds weird, I know), and the plantains. The plantains were not as good as I used to get at the Cabbagetown Grill in Atlanta, but they were a close second. The waitress was cute, which was helpful, because she certainly was slow. I asked her to box the left overs and after she took them back she mistakenly threw it out. Good news was she offered a free dessert to make up for it.

Not bad - 8:30 local time and in for the night. No real plans for tomorrow. Just play it by ear and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment